So how do we get selected so often to handle big large cases, and how do we deliver the results to which our clients are entitled? We do it the Rothenberg Way.
In every case we undertake, our lawyers:
1. Take Aggressive Action. We often call clients on the very day that they are referred to us, promptly scheduling them for an interview and getting to the scene of the accident with any necessary experts as quickly as possible. We don’t want accident scenes to change, or witnesses to disappear or have their memories go foggy. We never let a case sit, and we never wait for the defense to make an offer. We aggressively reconstruct the facts of each case, scouring the medical records, developing the narrative for trial, and driving the case forward to a verdict or resolution.
2. Master the Law. We make certain that we know the law of the jurisdiction, as it applies to liability, to admissible evidence, and to recoverable damages, so that we can plead the case properly, discover all of the possibly relevant facts and prove up all of the damages our client has suffered. For instance, in one state, a family member who has witnessed the death of another family member might have a substantial damage claim, but in another they might not.
3. Master the Science. We have dealt with almost every kind of injury that a person can suffer, but the medicine applicable to treating their injuries is constantly evolving, as is the science of reconstructing how an accident happened. We make sure that we are “on top” of how the injury happened and how it can best be remedied. Often, our experience at mastering the science is critical from the outset. When we deal with head injuries, for instance, we know that such injuries often show no obvious symptoms. Thus, we have learned how to spot subtle clues of reduced mental functioning, sometimes by interviewing family and friends about a client’s behavior (knowing that clients often do not perceive or even accept their own mental deficits). We also know how to get clients to the right doctors for brain function testing, and how to take swift remedial action to minimize harm and promote healing.
4. Invest in the Case. Getting the right doctors and other experts involved is critical to winning a case. We work only with doctors and other experts that are just as competent as the defense experts for billion dollar insurance companies. We also work with investigators who are former FBI agents, police officers and other experienced professionals. Furthermore, we put the “sweat equity” into a case that is necessary to deliver results. When an insurance representative receives one of our special damage packets in anticipation of mediation or trial, they are getting everything they need to understand the liability of the case, the injuries involved, and the damages suffered. Our narratives also describe how the injury has affected the client and his or her family, so that the defense can value the case fully and fairly. If they choose to go to trial, we typically also invest in medical illustrations, accident animations, “day in the life” videos, presentations by medical laboratories, and other technology for trial presentations. Our trials strategy includes the use of the highest quality experts in the respective fields.
5. Prepare the Client. Our goal is to never let our clients feel unprepared. We will prepare them as witnesses for all kinds of inquiries, show them what the court room looks like, and generally prepare them for every critical juncture of a case, including hearings, mediations, negotiations and trials. A typical preparation for a deposition will take hours and will include a walk-through of the types of questions a client will likely be asked. When we finish our preparation, our clients leave confident that they are prepared for what would otherwise be an intimidating situation.