Construction Accident Infographic
Construction Accident Infographic Content Summary
Working at a construction site is one of the most dangerous jobs in America.
- Construction accidents injure or kill thousands of workers every year.
- An estimated 500,000 construction accidents occur annually.
- Construction workers account for one in five workplace fatalities in the United States.
These accidents occur when the safety programs that construction companies are obligated to enact are either absent or companies are negligent in enforcing safety requirements.
General contractors, as well as all subcontractors, are responsible for providing appropriate safety provisions that ensure a construction site is reasonably safe. They are obligated to:
- warn of possible hazards on the site
- hireemployees who will use caution while working
- coordinatejob safety
- check that all safety specifications are followed
Manufacturers of construction equipment are responsible for designing and maintaining safe products. Examples of dangerous equipment used on a construction site includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- power tools
- woodworking tools
- back hoes
- heavy equipment
- pressure vessels
- gas detectors
- other types of construction equipment
The possibility of injury or death increases greatly if proper safety measures are not employed in the production and use of construction equipment.
Construction is the key to America’s continued growth and prosperity. Let’s do what we can to ensure everybody’s safety in this fundamental occupation.