Springtime and Home Safety Infographic
Content Summary for Street Crossing Safety InfographicDo your kids know how to cross the road safely?Teach Your Children: Stop, Look, Listen, ThinkHelp plan your children's routes.Choose the safest place to cross the road.
- STOP before stepping onto the road – at least 1 step back from the curb.
- LOOK in all directions for oncoming vehicles.
- LISTEN in all directions for oncoming vehicles.
- THINK about whether it is safe to cross. Is the road clear and safe?
- Always remain alert, even at pedestrian crossings.
- Make sure all approaching vehicles have actually stopped before stepping onto the road.
- If there is a school crossing guard on duty, always follow his or her instructions. Cross only when the crossing guard indicates that it is safe.
- Wear light, bright or reflective clothing;
- Cross the road where there are street lights; and
- Try walking with a companion.