Slip and Fall Accidents
Contacting a slip and fall lawyer is extremely important if you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of a slip, trip or fall accident. This can make the difference in Getting the Compensation You Deserve!
“Slip and fall” accidents refer to situations where a person is injured by slipping or tripping and suffering an injury in a fall due to a dangerous condition on the premises. These falls can happen inside or outside a building. They can be caused by bad flooring, wet floors, poorly lighted steps, or, in the case of outdoor accidents, weather-related or hidden hazards
For instance, an icy patch outside a door, a crack, or pothole can be the cause of a slip and fall accident in a parking lot.
Slip and Fall Accident Law
Negligence law covers all slip and fall accidents. Property owners have a duty of care to see that their property is safe.
This includes ensuring that the building has no structural defects, inside or outside, that could cause an accident. In some states, the property owner may also have a duty to reduce the problem areas caused by weather—like standing water and icy spots.
Examples of this are:
- Icy patches
- Snow filled areas
- Loose floor mats
- Loose rugs
- Loose tiles
- Water on the floor
- Badly lit stairs or steps
- Cracks or holes in sidewalks
- Cracks or holes in parking lots
Sometimes the person injured does not know for sure what caused the accident. That is why it is important to ensure that a full investigation is conducted to ensure that the source of the problem is discovered.
There are a variety of different types of injuries that a person can sustain in a slip and fall accident. Some of the most common sorts that occur are things like:
- Head injuries/Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI). Head injuries can range from minor traumatic brain injuries to severe traumatic brain injuries that cause life-long cognitive issues and debilitation. Falls are the most common causes of TBIs that occur outside of military service, and tend to occur most often to children and the elderly.
- Injuries to the spinal cord and back are other common injuries that result from slip and fall incidents. Back and spinal cord injuries can be extremely painful, and can lead to extensive complications such as paralysis, as well as other sensory and mobility issues.
- Sprains, fractures, and dislocations. The impact with the ground or stationary objects after a fall can also result in a variety of different significant physical injuries.
****If you are hurt in one of these accidents it is important to preserve evidence as much as possible to ensure that you can prove your case in court.
****Try to get names of witnesses who might have seen the accident, note all relevant conditions (like poor lighting), and take pictures of the area if possible. Be sure to document the incident by reporting it to building owners or property managers.
I confess that I did not trust lawyers before your team took on our case. I was very skeptical about the whole process. You completely put my fears to rest. I have been amazed at the work that you have done on our behalf. Your dedication, compassion, and sense of justice is inspiring. I now tell everyone I know who needs a lawyer to contact your firm as soon as possible.
Testimonial from Delois B.
Getting Legal Help: Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due a slip and fall accident, call a slip and fall accident lawyer at The Rothenberg Law Firm LLP at 1-888-497-5766. You can also submit an InjuryLawyer.com free online case evaluation. The initial consultation is FREE. If we agree to handle your case, there is no legal fee unless we are successful in getting you money. A lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a Statute of Limitations so please call or contact us right away so that you do not lose your rights to money and other benefits.